This happened by accident the other day when I got distracted (imagine that!) making breakfast. My sautéed kale ended up more like kale chips but they were scrumptious! I never thought I’d enjoy “dippy” eggs again without toxic toast, but the salty bitterness of the crispy kale pairs delightfully with the egg yolk!
So simple and all in one pan:
- Heat about a Tbsp of your favorite oil (this morning I used bacon drippings…extra YUM!) on medium high heat
- Add a bunch of kale and mix to lightly coat
- Spread kale out over pan in single layer and cook for a few minutes
- Mix to cook other side for a few minutes until desired crispiness
- Push kale to one side of pan, crack eggs directly in pan
- Cook for a minute or two, flip, cook for a brief minute
- Salt and pepper to taste, serve and enjoy!
Comment if you LOVE kale,