I loved my lunch so much the other day I had to share it! It was quick, yummy, and different from my usual spinach and whatever leftover meat and veggies are in the fridge– salad! Added bonus: bok choy contains a heavy dose of vitamins (A, C, & K) and antioxidants. It has a mild flavor and soft texture. I love to use the leaves in salad or as wraps, and chop the white stalks as a more nutrient packed substitute for celery.
- Bunch of bok choy, leaves reserved and stalks chopped
- 1 5oz can tuna (or chicken, or salmon!)
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 Tbsp wheat free soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Combine all ingredients, adding more of less based on flavor and texture preference. Spoon into reserved leaves and enjoy!
For a sweet version of bok choy salad try: tuna, yogurt, dried cranberries and crumbled blue cheese!